IndyCar

IndyCar CEO Mark Miles is hopeful that the double-header weekend in Detroit can happen as scheduled on May 29-31 despite the current acceleration of coronavirus cases in the US. Miles says that, with eight weeks to go until the event, he remains “optimistic” it will go ahead. He said: “We’re talking to all our promoters
0 Comments
IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway are aiming to ensure the 2020 edition of the Indy 500 goes ahead as planned despite current advice from healthcare representatives regarding the coronavirus pandemic. On the eve of the season-opening race St. Petersburg, IndyCar cancelled the event along with the next three rounds on the calendar at Barber Motorsports
0 Comments
General admission for Sunday’s IndyCar season-opening Grand Prix of St. Petersburg has been banned and the race is under threat due to the coronavirus outbreak. While Penske Entertainment CEO Mark Miles told Autosport last weekend that he didn’t expect the ’20 IndyCar calendar to be affected by what has since been classified by the World
0 Comments
General admission for Sunday’s IndyCar season-opening Grand Prix of St. Petersburg has been banned due to coronavirus, but the race will go ahead. While Penske Entertainment CEO Mark Miles told Autosport last weekend that he didn’t expect the ’20 IndyCar calendar to be affected by what has since been classified by the World Health Organization
0 Comments
Seven-time NASCAR Cup champion Jimmie Johnson will make his IndyCar debut at Barber Motorsports Park next month in a test with Arrow-McLaren. The 44-year-old Californian, who is due to retire from full-time NASCAR competition at season’s end, attended last month’s IndyCar Spring Training and expressed enthusiasm for broadening his range of experience. However, he remained
0 Comments
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing will partner with Citrone/Buhl Autosport to give Spencer Pigot IndyCar lifeline entries in the Indianapolis road race and the Indianapolis 500. The new team, a partnership formed between sometime Indycar driver Robbie Buhl, his brother and business partner Tom, Robert Citrone – the founder of Discovery Capital Management and the largest
0 Comments
McLaren CEO Zak Brown has admitted that Fernando Alonso’s return with Arrow McLaren SP for this year’s Indianapolis 500 came about after his negotiations with Andretti Autosport broke down. Two-time Formula 1 world champion Alonso, who made his highly impressive Indy 500 debut with a McLaren-backed Andretti Autosport entry in 2017, failed to qualify for
0 Comments